WeTechnology is looking for an SQL Database Administrator with the following key duties and responsibilities to fulfill:
1. Examining and Analyzing High Availability needs and requirements, developing and providing Design and Implementation to support the project's requirements in MySQL.
2. Present MySQL Solutions to support a large mission critical application.
3. Review and make recommendations for tuning existing environments.
4. Define and lead the adoption of best practices and processes.
5. Collaborate efficiently with PM and other developers to build datastores as a service to power our next generation video services.
6. Experiment with new technologies to make sure we can scale for the future.
1. At least must have 4+ years of relevant industry experience working with MySQL
2. Must Demonstrate experience in setting up MySQL clusters, MySQL replication (Master-Master, Master-Slave, cluster replication), MySQL backup, point in time recovery, and high available configurations in a complex and dynamic production environment.
3. Must have a desire to innovate on a large existing platform.
4. Must have an experience with Unix/Linux development environments and some database programing.
5. Must have an strong passion about automation, testing, and code quality.